History of Vortex Engineering & Architecture, Inc.
Robert W. Jones, II founded Vortex Engineering and Architecture, Inc. to provide professional engineering and architectural services on October 8, 2003. Vortex is a highly successful engineering firm with a client list that includes local and regional developers as well as Fortune 500 companies such as Baker-Hughes, FedEx and UPS. Our success is built upon providing excellent customer service, consistently meeting deadlines and budgets, employing excellent professional staff and focusing on the quality of plans and documents.
Robert W. Jones, II, P.E., CFM is a graduate of Colorado State University and is licensed as a Professional Engineer in 43 states. He holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering and has over 25 years of experience in Civil Engineering, as well as extensive knowledge of construction from design to project completion. His list of projects includes civil, pre-engineered buildings, commercial buildings and residential single- and multifamily developments, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical and masonry design.
Education and Certifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, with emphasis in hydraulic analysis/design.
- NCEES Registered (National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying) #: 35672
- ASCE Member (American Society of Civil Engineers) #: 356515
- Certified Floodplain Manager (C.F.M.) #: US-09-04567
- Adjunct Professor – Environmental Engineering, Colorado Mesa University – 2017
- ACI Certified, American Concrete Institution (Grade I Technician)
- Troxler Certified, Nuclear Density Gauges
- Troxler Certified, Transportation of Type II Nuclear Devices
- Hazardous Materials and Site Investigations, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (40-hour course)
- Certification in Basic Emergency Responder Course
- A.S.C.E. member (American Society of Civil Engineers), Local and National
- A.C.I. member (American Concrete Institute), National
- Chair – Mesa County Board of Floodplain Appeals (Current Chair)
- CASFM – (Certified Floodplain Manger)
- P.A.D.I. Certified Diver
Vortex Community Service and Support
Vortex Engineering & Architecture, Inc. is a proud member of the Grand Valley community. Robert and the Vortex staff participate in numerous local activities and support several community clubs and events. We believe in being invested in the community where we live, work and play.
- Sponsor 4-H Club members each year to support the Grand Valley youth
- Support 4-H Club animal sales at the Mesa County Fair
- Coach young girls in the annual Girls on the Run event
- Serve on several Municipal and Mesa County development committees:
- Fruita in Motion-Comprehensive Plan Update Committee
- Mesa County Code Focus Group
- City of Grand Junction Development Panel
861 Rood Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm